Musicians with a Mission, Back Bay Mission’s Annual Fundraiser, is scheduled for April 2, 2019
Back Bay Mission welcomes Anderson Domingues to the White House Hotel for Musicians with a Mission on Tuesday, April 2, 2019. The evening will include Live Music, a silent auction, and hors d’oeuvres and a glass of house wine or domestic beer. We will also have a Spin “2” Win game and raffle festivities!! Come be a part of the fun while you are helping strengthen neighborhoods, seek justice, and transform lives!!
Tickets: $50 per person
Date: April 2, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Location: White House Hotel
Attire: Dressy occasion- suits, pantsuits, dresses
Contact Laura Payne for more information, purchase tickets, or if you wish to donate a silent auction item, 228-432-0301 or.
Back Bay Mission has seen a steady increase in demand for our housing rehabilitation services and this has led to a need for an additional team member. Being we are the only organization in our community doing this much-needed work Back Bay Mission will be expanding this program so we can serve more clients. Please see the job description and needed skills below. If you are interested in applying for the Construction Supervisor position please email your resume or send any questions to Rev. Alice Graham, Ph.D., by April 30, 2019.
General Duties of the Position:
- Provide initial assessments of potential work projects; define the scope of work and project goals
- Provide on-site construction management to volunteer work teams, including safety protocols, training, and supervision
- Work with designated site supervisors of volunteer work teams to facilitate progress on work sites and communicate project goals
- Assist Construction Manager and volunteers in assessing the need for construction materials and procuring those materials
- Maintain ongoing punch lists for each project to provide continuity as various volunteer groups cycle in and out
- Keep tools and tool trailers organized and maintained as needed.
- Assist in providing a positive experience for weekly volunteers.
- Communicate with Construction Manager and clients regarding progress and design decisions.
- Work with all local city inspectors on projects.
- Good general construction skills
- Flexibility and patience
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently while valuing teamwork
- Ability to work well with skilled and unskilled volunteers, adults and youth
- Have good communication skills.
Establish Recurring Monthly Donations at Back Bay Mission
It has never been easier to sign up for recurring monthly donations at Back Bay Mission! With our mobile app and online website, all you have to do is register your credit card with your contact information, select what program you want the donation to go towards, check the box that says “Show my support by making this a recurring donation”/”Setup automated giving” and you’re done! It’s just that simple. This will save you postage on the price of a stamp and envelope, and will also save you the worry of wondering if your check has been lost in the mail.
Back Bay Mission is moving to Digital Publications!
As a non-profit, Back Bay Mission is continuously seeking ways in which we can improve upon our spending so that we may be able to use funds to the extent at which they are needed.
With the launch of our new Mobile App earlier this year, supports of Back Bay Mission are now able to view our Annual Report and Changing Tides booklet from the comfort of their smartphone or mobile device. This will save on printing and mailing cost. Once you have the app downloaded, all you have to do is click on the drop down menu and select Annual Report or The Changing Tides to see the latest version available. You will be notified by a Push Notification (if you have this option turned on) once a new version of The Changing Tides or Annual Report is available. To opt out of receiving the physical mailings please click to email your request. Please include your name, address, and whether you want to opt out of receiving The Changing Tides and Annual Report in the mail.
Do not have the app yet? It is really easy to load and operate. To download the app please follow these easy steps:
Go to the Apple Store or Google Play
Search for the free Tithe.ly Church App (the icon will appear with a phone and leaf on a blue background)
Open and Search for Back Bay Mission
Select Back Bay Mission
Explore and Enjoy the New App!
Back Bay Mission thrives thanks to our many generous supporters. Help us continue to strengthen neighborhoods, seek justice, and transform lives.