Back Bay Mission has seen a steady increase in demand for our housing rehabilitation services and this has led to a need for an additional team member. Being we are the only organization in our community doing this much-needed work Back Bay Mission will be expanding this program so we can serve more clients. Please see the job description and needed skills below. If you are interested in applying for the Construction Supervisor position please email your resume or send any questions to Rev. Alice Graham, Ph.D., by April 30, 2019.
General Duties of the Position:
- Provide initial assessments of potential work projects; define the scope of work and project goals
- Provide on-site construction management to volunteer work teams, including safety protocols, training, and supervision
- Work with designated site supervisors of volunteer work teams to facilitate progress on work sites and communicate project goals
- Assist Construction Manager and volunteers in assessing the need for construction materials and procuring those materials
- Maintain ongoing punch lists for each project to provide continuity as various volunteer groups cycle in and out
- Keep tools and tool trailers organized and maintained as needed.
- Assist in providing a positive experience for weekly volunteers.
- Communicate with Construction Manager and clients regarding progress and design decisions.
- Work with all local city inspectors on projects.
- Good general construction skills
- Flexibility and patience
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently while valuing teamwork
- Ability to work well with skilled and unskilled volunteers, adults and youth
- Have good communication skills.