Thank you for all of the concern about Back Bay Mission and the population we serve. The latest update shows that Back Bay Mission and the Mississippi Gulf Coast is bracing for some wind, rain, and flooding. Please pray for our neighbors as they will experience the brunt of the storm. For additional information, you can click on our local news stations at WLOX and WXXV to get the most up to date weather information for Back Bay Mission.
Back Bay Mission just earned a 2019 Gold Seal of Transparency by adding information to our Nonprofit Profile on GuideStar. Now our community members, as well as 10+ million GuideStar users, can find in-depth information about our goals, strategies, capabilities, and progress. We’re shining a spotlight on the difference we help make on the MS Gulf Coast.
Plus, we’ve provided fresh information to 200+ charitable websites and applications that use GuideStar data, such as AmazonSmile, Facebook, and Network for Good. Check out our profile here.
GuideStar is the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations. Foundation Center and GuideStar have joined forces to become a new nonprofit called Candid. Learn more at candid.org.
Musicians with a Mission, Back Bay Mission’s Annual Fundraiser, is scheduled for April 2, 2019
Back Bay Mission welcomes Anderson Domingues to the White House Hotel for Musicians with a Mission on Tuesday, April 2, 2019. The evening will include Live Music, a silent auction, and hors d’oeuvres and a glass of house wine or domestic beer. We will also have a Spin “2” Win game and raffle festivities!! Come be a part of the fun while you are helping strengthen neighborhoods, seek justice, and transform lives!!
Tickets: $50 per person
Date: April 2, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Location: White House Hotel
Attire: Dressy occasion- suits, pantsuits, dresses
Contact Laura Payne for more information, purchase tickets, or if you wish to donate a silent auction item, 228-432-0301 or.
Back Bay Mission has seen a steady increase in demand for our housing rehabilitation services and this has led to a need for an additional team member. Being we are the only organization in our community doing this much-needed work Back Bay Mission will be expanding this program so we can serve more clients. Please see the job description and needed skills below. If you are interested in applying for the Construction Supervisor position please email your resume or send any questions to Rev. Alice Graham, Ph.D., by April 30, 2019.
General Duties of the Position:
- Provide initial assessments of potential work projects; define the scope of work and project goals
- Provide on-site construction management to volunteer work teams, including safety protocols, training, and supervision
- Work with designated site supervisors of volunteer work teams to facilitate progress on work sites and communicate project goals
- Assist Construction Manager and volunteers in assessing the need for construction materials and procuring those materials
- Maintain ongoing punch lists for each project to provide continuity as various volunteer groups cycle in and out
- Keep tools and tool trailers organized and maintained as needed.
- Assist in providing a positive experience for weekly volunteers.
- Communicate with Construction Manager and clients regarding progress and design decisions.
- Work with all local city inspectors on projects.
- Good general construction skills
- Flexibility and patience
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently while valuing teamwork
- Ability to work well with skilled and unskilled volunteers, adults and youth
- Have good communication skills.