Thank you for all of the concern about Back Bay Mission and the population we serve. The latest update shows that Back Bay Mission and the Mississippi Gulf Coast is bracing for some wind, rain, and flooding. Please pray for our neighbors as they will experience the brunt of the storm. For additional information, you can click on our local news stations at WLOX and WXXV to get the most up to date weather information for Back Bay Mission.
Back Bay Mission just earned a 2019 Gold Seal of Transparency by adding information to our Nonprofit Profile on GuideStar. Now our community members, as well as 10+ million GuideStar users, can find in-depth information about our goals, strategies, capabilities, and progress. We’re shining a spotlight on the difference we help make on the MS Gulf Coast.
Plus, we’ve provided fresh information to 200+ charitable websites and applications that use GuideStar data, such as AmazonSmile, Facebook, and Network for Good. Check out our profile here.
GuideStar is the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations. Foundation Center and GuideStar have joined forces to become a new nonprofit called Candid. Learn more at candid.org.
Back Bay Mission has seen a steady increase in demand for our housing rehabilitation services and this has led to a need for an additional team member. Being we are the only organization in our community doing this much-needed work Back Bay Mission will be expanding this program so we can serve more clients. Please see the job description and needed skills below. If you are interested in applying for the Construction Supervisor position please email your resume or send any questions to Rev. Alice Graham, Ph.D., by April 30, 2019.
General Duties of the Position:
- Provide initial assessments of potential work projects; define the scope of work and project goals
- Provide on-site construction management to volunteer work teams, including safety protocols, training, and supervision
- Work with designated site supervisors of volunteer work teams to facilitate progress on work sites and communicate project goals
- Assist Construction Manager and volunteers in assessing the need for construction materials and procuring those materials
- Maintain ongoing punch lists for each project to provide continuity as various volunteer groups cycle in and out
- Keep tools and tool trailers organized and maintained as needed.
- Assist in providing a positive experience for weekly volunteers.
- Communicate with Construction Manager and clients regarding progress and design decisions.
- Work with all local city inspectors on projects.
- Good general construction skills
- Flexibility and patience
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently while valuing teamwork
- Ability to work well with skilled and unskilled volunteers, adults and youth
- Have good communication skills.
Have you ever wished you had more information about Back Bay Mission? Have you ever wanted to tell other people about the services they offer, but not had the knowledge to share? Have you ever listened to Back Bay staff talk about the work they do every day?
Now is your chance! Back Bay Mission just launched a new promotional video! The video has been posted on our YouTube channel, filled with snippets from staff and community members who all share information and stories about the day to day impact Back Bay Mission has on our community here on the Gulf Coast.
To view the video, you can follow the link attached in this post, or go directly to our YouTube page and watch it from there. Help us spread the word! Share with your friends, family, church members, and anyone you think might benefit by watching.
Video Link: 2018 Introduction to Back Bay Mission
Now you will be able to keep up with everything happening at Back Bay Mission, all from the comfort of your mobile device. Simply download the App, and explore all the features, such as News, Events, Photos, Changing Tides, Reports and more!
To download the app, you can go to the Apple Store or Google Play and search for the free Tithe.ly Church App. The icon will appear with a phone and leaf on a blue background as shown above. Once you have the app loaded, you can search for Back Bay Mission. Upon selecting Back Bay Mission, it should ask you if you would like to update to the Back Bay Mission App Icon. (Unless you have an older model phone) By selecting yes, you will have an easier time recognizing the app on your phone screen in the future.