Back Bay Mission will open regular hours starting Monday, June 8, 2020. Services will still be offered in a safe a secure manner, safety precautions are still in place for staff and guest. This includes masks for staff members and masks provided for the guest. The number of guests will still be limited inside the buildings with social distancing procedures in place.
The Client Choice Food Pantry is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00am – 11:30am and 1:00- 3:00 on Wednesday. *With social distancing procedures in place. The pantry is also giving homeless guests a food bag every other week during June. *
Utility assistance is available over the phone on Thursday, 9:00 am until all appointments are booked.
Our Micah Day Center for the Homeless has limited their operations and placed strict social distancing guidelines. Each guest can take a shower, wash clothes, and receive mail.
Micah Day Center Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:30am – 11:30am *MUST BE SIGNED UP BY 10:30 am FOR SHOWERS * Laundry is only on Wednesday. Limited spots. * These procedures will be updated as the situation continues to improve, and it is safe for our guests.
Housing Rehabilitation has been approved to allow mission trip campers to return to Back Bay Mission. There are many precautions being implemented to make it a safe environment for the campers, participants, and the staff.
Mission Trip Campers Covid-19 Policies:
- Temperature checks upon arrival, morning and evening
- Set up hand washing station at the building site
- Mandatory masks on site and with other programs
- Add reusable masks (do not need to be N95) to packing list
- Sanitize any materials that have been removed from the trailer before returning them. Place tools used throughout the day in a separate area (bed of truck) and sanitize at end of day before returning to trailer
- No volunteers allowed in trailer
- Exclusively do outside projects/new builds if at all possible
- If needing to interact with a homeowner, have one designated person (Craig/Matt/group leader) be the only one to interact
- Social Distance as well as possible on site
- If Social Distancing is not possible, limit amount of people on site
- Give people clearly defined physical areas to work in
- Have a designated spot to unpack groceries in the Mission House and once groceries are put away clean and sanitize that area
- Separation between residents/homeowners and volunteers
- Port-a-lets for all projects
- Sanitize Mission House after each group departs
- Require groups to report back after 14 days home if any volunteers have fallen ill
- Strongly request volunteers observe mask and social distancing rules when in public outside work hours
For additional information or questions on these precautions please contact Craig Steenkamp at 228-234-0166 or . If you have concerns about your upcoming trip, rescheduling, or adding a new mission trip to our 2020/2021 calendars, please contact us by email:
Back Bay Mission takes the health of our guests and staff very seriously, so we have implemented cleaning procedures, put up plexiglass guards, have new sanitizing procedures, and practice social distancing.
We appreciate any gift that will allow us to continue with our work of helping those in the most need in our community. It is our hope, that with your help, we can strengthen neighborhoods, seek justice and transform lives.
Please continue to check in for more progress and updates about Back Bay Mission’s response to COVID 19. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Back Bay Mission at 228-432-0301 or and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.