Back Bay Mission is seeking a Day Center Case Manager. Please review the qualifications and job description. All interested candidates please email your resume to Rev. Alice Graham, PhD.
Day Center Case Manager – Full-Time Position
The Day Center Case Manager will be responsible for assessing the need of the guests of the Day Center to determine what his/her need entails. Provide them assistance in applying for housing, employment or any other service that is needed to help them become self-sustainable.
Education & Experience Expectations:
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Family/Consumer Sciences, Substance Abuse, Mental Health, Human Services, Education, Counseling, and Therapy Fields. Two years’ casework experience with a social service agency (Public or non-profit) preferable.
- A genuine concern for homeless disabled persons
- Empathy for and understanding of problems, limitations, and needs of the homeless
- An ability to effectively communicate and network with other agencies and the public
- An ability to analyze socio-economic conditions and identify unmet needs of those served on both micro- and macro- bases
- A willingness and ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors
- An awareness of various assistance programs and entitlements available to the homeless and disabled populations
- Flexibility and patience
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the homeless persons in the day center who may be eligible for any of Back Bay Mission’s programs and conduct necessary assessments
- Work in cooperation with other caseworkers at Back Bay Mission to provide direct assistance to the homeless persons through the Mission’s programs and other resources
- Maintain timely and detailed statistics and client case records as required by Back Bay Mission and generate program reports as requested and necessary
- Provides crisis management for clients; makes linkages for interventions as appropriate
- Assist clients in obtaining birth certificates and IDs for obtaining employment and/or housing
- Support work camp and local volunteers partnering with the center to provide meaningful experiences and a sense of accomplishment for clients of the center
- Coordinate the schedule of community health and welfare agencies who are providing services at the center
- Participate in other activities of Back Bay Mission as requested and needed.
- Participate in the overall function of the Day Center in moving clients to become self-sustainable
Back Bay Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer