Back Bay Mission is hiring for a part-time Day Center Assistant who works in the Micah Day Center for the homeless. The hours are primarily as follows: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please email your resume or send any questions regarding the Day Center Assistant position to Kenney Washington at .
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- An ability to effectively communicate with the guest in an unpatronizing manner
- A willingness and ability to work cooperatively with Back Bay Mission staff
- Compassion, patience, and sensitivity to our guest
- Empathy for and understanding of problems and needs of the homeless
- Assist our guest by distributing clothes out of the clothing closet
- Distribute towels for showers, toiletries for personal care
- Assist in washing and drying the clothes of guest.
- Assure that adequate items are in the closet to meet the daily needs of the guest.
- Operate washer and dryer
- Fold the laundry
- Assist in maintaining the Day Center in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner at all times.
- Sign-in and sign- out in the volunteer log.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Client Services.